Saturday, March 30, 2013

Begin as I mean to go on

I have been obsessed interested in quilting for as long as I can remember. Due to my amazing hubby and his support, I am finally in a position to start learning. Thanks for coming with me on my journey!

I am currently working on my first quilt. I have made mistakes, but that is how you learn. I chose to do a Jelly Roll 1600 quilt. Would it have been easier and more accurate to buy an actual jelly roll?  Yes!  But following my normal pattern I took the more challenging path and created my own strips. Then, silly me, I didn't count how many strips I sewed together. This resulted in a more square quilt rather than rectangular. So I added a couple of wide strips to the top and bottom. I pieced the back, being much more accurate.  Is it bad that I like the back better than the front?

As I learn more about blogger, I will add pictures of my progress.

Thanks for reading!
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of quilts I've made! It's all a learning process - and mistakes should be called "design decisions"!!

    ReplyDelete