Thursday, April 4, 2013

And so we go on ...

Unfortunately, there is no real pattern to my life.  As soon as I get into a regular routine, something happens to shake things up a bit.  Maybe that is the pattern, hmmmm.  Must think on that one.

I haven't been working on my quilt much, we have had some yucky weather and it seemed like perfect napping time.  Also, my sewing machine has such a narrow throat, the straight line quilting I am doing on it is HARD!  Not my favorite part, think I like the piecing better.  I have so many other projects going, I think that I am afraid that if I start another quilt top, the current one won't ever be finished.  I promise ... pictures will come soon.

The projects I have lined up are:
    1.  Quilt top for my darling daughter, aka Monkey.  This is one that she designed and chose the fabrics for.  Did I mention she is 6?
    2.  Quilt for a FABULOUS cause, Quilty Hugs for Chemo.  This is one that I am doing with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  (When I learn how to do links, I will link her here.  I was able to bring her logo over ... see top right!)  Still working on exactly what I want to do, but I think it will be a three fabric quilt, on the girly side of things.  Definitely doing it in flannel.  Needs to be soft and cuddly :o)
   3.  A quilt for my oldest grandson (5).  I crocheted a blanket for his baby sister (6 months) which I gave her for Christmas.  I have also crocheted a blanket for his little brother (3), but I didn't give it to him yet because I didn't want the oldest to feel left out.  His quilt needs to be done soon!
   4.  This is a wish quilt ... I really want to make it, but I am not sure I have the talent.  The registrar at my daughter's school passed away this week after a two year battle with cancer.  A friend and I would love to get some of her clothes and make quilts for her three children so that they could always have Mom there to hug on them.  I just don't know that I have the talent for this.  Still thinking about it.

Anyway ... I think it is time to start scheduling my quilting time.  Otherwise nothing will be completed!

Thanks for reading :o)

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment