Saturday, June 8, 2013

All but the binding

I have been working on a disappearing nine patch for a charity quilt being led by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  I finally finished the flimsy, pics to follow, and life got in the way and I realized I wouldn't be able to finish that one in time to send.

Good thing I work on multiple projects!  I had another quilt that was half way quilted and then would be good to go once I got the binding on.



This is the very first quilt I have made.  It is a 1600 Jelly Roll race quilt that was intended to be for me.  Turns out I liked the back better than the front.  (The back is the top picture.)  You can see my little helper holding up the quilt.  Poor thing has a cough.  At least she is covering her mouth ... I promise I will wash this before I send it off!  (Sorry ... I don't know how to turn the pictures so they are right side up!)

I just did straight line quilting along the horizontal stripes of fabric.  Not so bad for a first effort!

Welcome to my #1 lifetime quilt.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Very nice quilt for a first effort! That's a great pattern to learn on - lots of long straight seams. Thank you so much for participating in the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete