Sunday, May 5, 2013

Inspiration Block

Since my darling hubby, light of my life, is hanging out with our precious munchkin, I got to quilt today!  I created my inspiration block for my H2H charity quilt.  Munchkin decided she liked it better than what she picked out and wants it for her :o)  I may go back and get more fabric ... she does have a birthday coming up!




I made a disappearing nine patch, and if I calculate it correctly, the blue and green will stair-step across the quilt.  At least that is the effect I am going for.  I was trying to have the hearts all go the same direction, but that didn't work.  I am going to try and continue with what I have going on, then they will form a diagonal pattern as well.  Maybe I should have taken pictures as I sewed to make sure I hit it ... oh well, too late now :o)  The back will be the solid purple tie-died flannel with the hot pink binding. 

This is the first thing that I have made that I have to keep an eye out for matching corners.  Kind of proud of myself, most of them are pretty darn close. 

I cut my fabric using a rotary cutter and ruler, but I think I am going to try and use my Silhouette Cameo.  It is supposed to be able to cut fabric, and I can have it cut my 5.5" squares for me ... they will be much more true than the ones I did. 

Thanks for visiting!
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. What a nice hubby to give you time to sew! ;)

    I love your placement idea for this block you have pictured above!

    ReplyDelete