Friday, May 3, 2013

I did it!!!!!!

I have heard quite a bit about the quilting process, to document the entire process or not to document the entire process.  I am not nearly as prolific a quilter as a bunch of you are, so I am going to choose to document.  In that vein ... here I go!

First, reading through one of my favorite blogs, (by a woman named Sarah whom I would love to be like someday) Confessions of a Fabric Addict, I discovered the disappearing nine patch.  You can see several different options for the results here on Sarah's blog.

Once I figured that out, I looked at my tiny, but growing, stash.  Didn't like what I had.  JoAnn's, here I come!  Being new to this thing, and somewhat timid with colors and patterns I started off being intimidated.  Then I saw a print I liked.  Using those colors, I chose some tie-died solids to go with it.  Very out of my comfort zone, but I like it!!!



Because it is flannel, I had to wash it first.  Now to press, and cutting here I come! 

Thanks for visiting!

Jackie





1 comment:

  1. I wish you lots of good luck with the nine patch! and lots of fun of course!!!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete